PCGC Minutes for August 25, 2021
Glen Kindness hosted the meeting. Quite a few members were out on vacation and were missed.
Current and future competitions:
Digital (8/25) Flower(s)
Print (9/8) High Contrast Black and White
Digital (9/22) Countryside Walking Bridge
- Hyde Park Square Competition for Gallery 708 due September 13:
- Fairfield Annual Community Artist Showcase. A juried showcase opportunity for area artists to exhibit their work. Open to any artist, 18 or older, who resides within 40 miles of Fairfield, OH. Best in Show awards presented in the categories of Fine Art, Photography, and Sculpture/Jewelry/3-D work. Applications are currently available at https://www.fairfield-city.org/631/Exhibits. Entries due the week of September 7 - 10.
- 2022 FOTOFOCUS BIENNIAL. The theme for its sixth edition of the FotoFocus Biennial will be World Record with a concentrated week of programming held October 1–8, 2022, and preview events on September 30, 2022. The theme World Record considers film and photography’s record of life on earth, while exploring humankind’s impact on the natural world and the choices—for ill or good—we now face as a global community.
- Mark Buelsing at email@example.com asked for photos of cars, auto shows, and auto events to be submitted to gocarshow.com.
- A list of businesses that print has been added to the club’s website - under ORGANIZATION/ RESOURCE LINKS/PRINTING . Future presentations on how to print will occur.
New business cards were ordered for the club reflecting the new website address and the new physical location.
- Patty Bertsch brought up three items for consideration.
1. Hamilton County Fair and the need for assistance in their photo competition. Patty was asked to reach out to the Fair contacts to facilitate discussion of how we might contribute.
2. Interest in intraclub tutoring in photography post-production basics. Anyone interested in being a tutor, send your name to Glen Kindness. Glen will check on availability of our meeting room prior to our meeting time.
3. Possible involvement of our club with 4-H programming to encourage young people who have an interest in photography. Patty has contact information if anyone would like to do a presentation to a 4-H group or sponsor an award for their show.
- Glen Kindness is asking club members who are involved in various photography groups to volunteer to give a brief presentation on the benefits of joining these organizations.
Tom Conway will give a presentation on Nikonians.
Karen Kindness will give a presentation on individual PSA membership.
Dennis Bray presented the Digital Competition Results for August 25, 2021
Judge: Kim Hunker
No. of Entries: 20
1st – Jeff Leland
2nd – Gary Lord
3rd – Rick Lingo
4th – Neville Duffield
5th – Audra Shields
6th – Glen Kindness
Honorable Mention and People’s Choice: - Dan Slusher
Honorable Mention – Sharon Evans
Honorable Mention – Jeffrey Slutz
Honorable Mention – Joe Chunko
(Substituting for Alane Shoemaker, PCGC Secretary)